Race for Cure Logo Concept for Shirts

Click on the image to open the full-size picture in a new window.


For Immediate Release

Wayne Bank Supports 2017 Komen NEPA Race For The Cure

Scranton, PA – On Saturday, September 16th, Wayne Bank employees will participate in the Komen NEPA Race for the Cure. This is the third year that the Wayne Bank team will don their pink and take to the streets of Scranton to support this valuable cause.

“Wayne Bank is proud to participant again this year in the Komen NEPA Race for the Cure,” stated Wayne Bank’s Central Scranton Community Office Manager, Matt Swartz. “This is a wonderful opportunity for employees from all of our Community Offices to come together as a team and join the local community in support of the tremendous work of the Susan G. Komen Northeastern Pennsylvania organization.”

The race will begin at 8:30 am at the corner of Washington and Adams Avenues on Courthouse Square in downtown Scranton. It will feature a 5K Run with timing chips, awards, and a finish line for runners, but participants are also welcome to walk the 3.1 mile course. Everyone is encouraged to stick around after the race for festivities including music, fun photo ops, food concessions, kids’ activities, and Pink Hair on the Square.

Interested participants are encouraged to register in advance, however registration will also be open during the morning of the event. For more information, visit http://komennepa.org/ .

Race proceeds will benefit the Susan G. Komen Northeastern Pennsylvania organization, whose mission is to provide funding for breast health services, breast cancer education, and outreach in a 19 county region. Komen NEPA invests 75 percent of the funds raised to support vital local breast health services and dedicates the remaining 25 percent to national research to find the cures.

Wayne Bank is a subsidiary of Norwood Financial Corp., Member FDIC, and is located in Honesdale, Pennsylvania. The Bank has 26 Community Offices serving Wayne, Pike, Monroe, and Lackawanna Counties in Pennsylvania, along with Delaware and Sullivan Counties in New York State. The stock trades on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol— NWFL.

Click below for a PDF, Word or TXT version of this news release. Click the photo icon for a larger image of the photo above.